& Removal in Clovis, CA
A Little Termite History
Termites are perhaps the most dreadful pest considering the extensive (and costly) damage they can do to a structure. They frequently go undetected for long lengths of time, quietly damaging your property each day, month after month, and year after year. They feed on vegetative materials that are cellulose-based and it’s unfortunate because nearly each and every property will contain this particular nutrition for termites.
Your property is only one thing at risk for termite destruction; books, your furniture, foundations and other things in your home are additionally at risk. While termite workers are pretty tiny in size, the amount of destruction they can cause is far larger.
Get A Free Estimate!
Necessary Steps to Defend & Deter Clovis Termites
The easiest way to minimize the possibility of termites from infesting your building or residence is through efficient deterrence and defense actions including guaranteeing a moisture-free atmosphere and eliminating any food sources which could appeal to termites. Pest Control in Clovis recommends the following suggestions for assuring the highest level of termite defense for your property:
- Leaks from water pipes, sinks, or perhaps AC units must be fixed.
- Keeping the gutters clean routinely can easily prevent unwanted termites.
- There needs to be a slight slope in the lawn surrounding your foundation to ensure that water moves away from the structure properly.
- Get rid of any excess mulch or coverings you have placed around the property’s outside walls.
- Frequently inspect the roof to ensure water puddles are not forming.
- Investigate air vents regularly to ensure they’re clear of obstructions.
- Close off any potential entry points in the plumbing to prevent pests from obtaining access indoors.
- All the vents will need to have screens to prevent pest access.
- Always keep required wood debris (firewood, etc.) a good length from your house.
- Regularly inspect your deck and fencing for indications of termite damage.
- The foundation and crawl space should not have lumber material, papers or timber near it.
Identifying a Termite Problem
There are specific signs to watch for that could indicate an existing termite problem. Winged insects swarming your house, termite waste, hollow wood, tubes and channels crafted from mud on the home’s exterior, and shed wings in the vicinity of your windows and doors.
If you have made an effort to inspect your house but still aren’t confident termites aren’t presently there, or maybe you would like protection from a qualified professional, we are right here to help you! We’d be more than delighted to help you along and schedule a termite inspection when necessary. Just phone our Clovis termite specialists at (559) 335-4377 today to learn more!